Monthly Accomplishment Report – August 2016
UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES
Central Visayas Studies Center (CVSC) Report
1. Research Updates
1. Dr. Belinda Espiritu reported her publication “Negative media portrayal of Islam.” The research was published in Media Development 63: 15-19.
2. Prof. Kim Bondoc reported his publication “Climate Change Awareness among Students in the Secondary Level.” The research was published in European Academic Journal 3 (3): 2714-2730 last June 2015.
3. The office endorsed to the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs three UP Cebu research proposals from the Business Management and Sciences Cluster submitted for the Enhanced Creative Work and Research Grant.
4. Dr. Jonnifer Sinogaya presented the research “Identifying surface impoundments on LiDAR generated DEMs to identify dengue prone areas” during The 3rd International Symposium on Environment and Health in Galway, Ireland, last August 14-20, 2016. The research is an output of the LiDAR project and was presented with Isballea Pauline Quijano, Jao Hallen Bañados, and Chito Patiño.
1. Supported activity
The office assisted the Social Sciences Cluster in the preparations for their activity “UP OIL World Experts Lecture Series Programme” held in UP Cebu Performing Arts Hall on 24-25 August 2016.
2. Administrative accomplishment
The staff and university research associate attended the Performance Based Bonus (PBB) 2016 meeting in UP Diliman last 5 August 2016.