Monthly Accomplishment Report – February 2017
UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES
Central Visayas Studies Center (CVSC) Report
1. Research Updates
1. Dr. Lanndon Ocampo reported his publication in the ISI-indexed International Journal of Manufacturing, Materials, and Mechanical Engineering for his research, “The Impact of Firm Size in the Foundation of Sustainable Manufacturing Strategy Infrastructural Decisions Under Uncertainty.”
2. Dr. Robert Roxas presented his paper, “Context-based Synonym Databse for Cebuano Language,” during the International Research Conference on Information Technology Education (IRCITE) 2017, Wesleyan University, Cabantuan City, Nueva Ecija, on 2-3 February 2017.
3. Two faculty members from the College of Social Sciences completed their researches.
• Prof. Kaira Zoe Alburo-Cañete submitted her proof of publication for her research, “Breast is Best? A Feminist Re-reading of Breastfeeding Policies and Practices in the Philippines.” The paper has been accepted for publication in the Philippine Quarterly of Culture & Society Volume 42 Nos. 3-4 (2014). This is in completion of her UP Cebu Research and Creative Work Grant 2014.
• Dr. Phoebe Zoe Maria Sanchez submitted the final report of her research, “History of Cebu’s ‘Tabo-tabo’ (Auction Market): Social Construction of Lexicons of Trust, Redistribution, Reciprocity and Kinship Rank.” Dr. Sanchez also presented this paper last 11 January 2017 during the international conference entitled, “A Great Transformation? Global Perspectives on Contemporary Capitalisms” in Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria. This is in completion of her Faculty Grant 2015.
4. Dr. Leahlizbeth Sia submitted her revised proposal, “An investigative study on the antecedents and effects of organizational citizenship behavior (OCB) amongst Cebu employees using the multi-criteria decision analysis (MCDA) approach.” The research will be funded under the Academic Program Improvement (API) 2015 of the School of Management.
1. Activity assisted
1. The office provided documentation support during the Socio-Caravan Visayas held in UP Cebu AVR 1 last 3 February 2017. Guest speakers were Dr. Zona Amper from the University of San Carlos, Dr. Jayeel Cornelio from Ateneo de Manila University, Dr. Phoebe Sanchez from University of the Philippines Cebu and Dr. Clarence M. Batan from the University of Sto. Tomas.