Monthly Accomplishment Report – November 2016
UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES
Central Visayas Studies Center (CVSC) Report
1. Research Updates
1. Prof. Rochelle Haidee Ybañez submitted her final paper on “Detection of gastrointestinal parasites in commercial swine farms in Cebu, Philippines.” The paper is in completion of her Faculty Grant Award 2015.
The paper was also presented last 22-23 September 2016 at the Cityscape Hotel, Mandaue City.
2. Prof. Mae Claire Jabines submitted her revised research proposal, “The Tale of 2 Rivers: Exploring the Impacts of the Eco-Tourism Activities of Abatan anad Loboc Rivers in the Province of Bohol.” The research proposal is funded under the Academic Program Improvement (API) 2015 of the Social Sciences Cluster.
3. The School of Management reported a publication as chapter of a book by one of their faculty members. Dr. Lanndon Ocampo published his research, “Adoption of Online Marketing for Service SMEs with Multi-Criteria Decision-Making Approach,” in the Handbook of Research on Intelligent Techniques and Modeling Applications in Marketing Analytics. The book was published by IGI Global on October 2016.
4. Dr. Belinda Espiritu presented her paper, “The Lumad Struggle for Social and Environmental Justice: Analyzing Critical Discourses and Activitists’ Political Actions as Weapons for Liberation,” during the 2016 Asian Congress for Media and Communication (ACMC) International Conference in the University Muhammadiyah, Yogyakarta, Indonesia, last 29 October 2016. The presentation was reported on November 2016.
5. UP Cebu Phil-LIDAR reported the following research presentations on November 2016. The researches presented are as follows:
6. Two more Phil-LIDAR projects were presented during the GSDI 15th World Conference, Taipei, Taiwan, on November 28 – December 2, 2016. The following are:
1. Supported activity
The office assisted Prof. Ligaya Rabago in hosting the 5th National Theater Festival Conference in the UP Cebu AVR 1 last 17 November 2016.