Transferee and Foreign Students
Applicants seeking transfer admission into UP Cebu have to satisfy the requirements of UP as well as those of the cluster/degree program to which they seek to transfer. Applicants shall:
- Have completed, if outside of the University, at least thirty-three(33) academic units; if within the University, at least thirty (30) academic units;
- Have all grades for all academic units they have taken included in the computation of General Weighted Average (GWA);
- Satisfy the GWA requirement of the degree program applied for;
- Satisfy other requirements prescribed for each degree program;
Former students who have attended another institution since attending the University of the Philippines must qualify on the same basis as new transfer students.
A foreign applicant who graduated from a high school abroad and has not enrolled in college may be admitted to the freshman class if he meets the following requirements:
- Completion of high school program in the country where he had his secondary education (includes completion of a one- or two-year pre-university education in a country where such is a prerequisite for admission to a bachelor’s degree program)
- Qualifying in a college-qualifying national or international foreign-administered examination such as General Certificate of Education (GCE) Examination and the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or equivalent examination:
- GCE: 3 ordinary level passes and 2 advanced level passes
- SAT: minimum total score of 1200 in Critical Reading (Verbal) and Math
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- In the case of an applicant whose native language or whose medium of instruction in the secondary school is not English, a minimum score of 500 (if paper based), or 173 (if computer based) or 61 (if Internet based) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Information about this test, including the places and the dates of administration may be obtained by writing directly to TOEFL, Educational Testing Service, Princeton, New Jersey 08540, USA or e-mail at www.ets.org/toefl. The applicant must request that a copy of his scores be sent to the Office of the University Registrar, UP Diliman, Quezon City 1101 Philippines. The UP Institution Code for TOEFL is 0978.
A Filipino who graduated from a secondary school abroad applying for freshman admission to the University must satisfy the same requirements as those for foreign students. To have ample time to secure a student visa and make necessary arrangements, if accepted for admission, foreign applicants are urged to file their application for admission at least six (6) months prior to registration of the semester applied for.
For more information email us at [email protected]