Search for the Next College of Science Dean
as of 16 March 2020
A. WHO MAY BE NOMINATED
The following minimum qualifications must be possessed by the nominees:
- Commitment to academic freedom and to the values and ideals of the University
- Distinction or outstanding academic credentials in the nominee’s chosen field of expertise, which should be along the lines of the college’s disciplines or fields
- Filipino citizen
- Leadership qualities and administrative or managerial ability;
- Must be willing to serve
- Must consider resource generation an important function of the position.
The nominee need not be a faculty member at the time of nomination. Should they be appointed, they must have a faculty appointment.
B. WHO MAY NOMINATE
- All personnel (faculty and non-faculty) of the academic unit
- Students and alumni of the academic unit
- Others from outside of the academic unit
- An interested candidate
C. NOMINATION PAPERS TO BE SUBMITTED
- A duly accomplished nomination letter (or form);
- A 3-page summary of the nominee’s curriculum vitae.
Please submit nominations to the Search Committee through the Chair, Rose Arong (Communication Program, College of Communication, Art, and Design). For questions, clarifications, and additional details, please contact the Search Committee at [email protected]